Monday, June 18, 2007

the glass is half full in Bangor

Maybe it's the sunshine- or maybe the euphoric feeling of a wonderful weekend- but everything seems to be going quite well today. I have a happy 'everything is going to work out' kind of feeling. I spent the day to work things that I enjoy- an AFES case, some Camp Red Cross work, organizing cases for end of fiscal year stuff, and writing two articles for a donor newsletter. Plus, during my lunch hour I ran errands all over town, and it really is a beautiful day.

My weekend was perfect. I spent time with Alyssa, a tried & true girlfriend, on Friday night. We had some wine and watched 'the Boston Strangler'. We both enjoy a scary movie from time to time, so it was fun. Saturday morning we had coffee and read the paper while laying in the sun in the park I live next too. As a sidebar--- one of the reasons I rented my apartment is because it is literally right next to a park. Ok, so I don't have a backyard or anything like that, but I open my door and see children flying kites and people walking dogs. It's pretty darn cozy. Anyway, I had a date on Saturday afternoon. I'm not going to lie... this is perhaps a heavy contributor to my bright pink positive outlook today. It was with someone who I have know for almost a year, we met volunteering and have always stayed friends. I've been sort of interested all along, but the timing hasn't seemed right and we really do have a comfortable friendship. Well, friendship no more! The date was nice, and he ended joining my girlfriends and I for the dancing adventure (it is always a good sign when boys will dance, in my experience). After that I stayed up all night long with him, talking and being completely smitten. I haven't stayed up all night in quite a long time, let me tell you. Around 9am I thought I might not make it, but I got a second wind. Anyway, I'm happy. I have no idea where it will go... I never can tell with these things. But I have had this stupid smile glued to my face for about two days. So anyway, Sunday I went home for fathers day. Also a good day, despite the complete and total lack of sleep I had. I saw my dad, who liked his gifts!!!, and had fresh vegetables from his garden for me. I also visited my grandfathers grave, who passed away last year in December. I took a card there, and was really surprised (a good surprise) to see that there were a lot of other cards from his 4 daughters and 6 grandchildren. I didn't spend much time there, because it started to rain (luckily it is the thought behind the card!). I went to see my aunts with my that afternoon, and my cousin had her 3 year old son, Grady, there. He is one of my very favorite people! Everytime I see him we are inseperable for at least the first half hour. He is so cute and so funny. I sent him some stickers today with a little card, still feeling sort of mopey (ok who am I kidding, I still have the stupid smile on my face) after leaving home knowing I wouldn't see the little peanut for another couple of weeks. Ginny and Gretchen, I will bring his most recent picture to our meeting on Friday. You won't be able to help but fall in love with him-- he is a 3 year old heartbreaker!!!

Well, that's it for me. This is nice... I never thought I would be a blogger! It's fun to share the personal stuff and read your stories, ladies. Love to you both... and Lynn if you are reading now! xoxo

1 comment:

Gretchen O'G said...

Ok I really didn't have to read far or inbetween the lines to see what was coming in this blog..."what a lovely day" "what a nice job I have" "what a lovely park I live near...yeah yeah yeah...more like what a lovely guy I just went out with!! I assume this is Mr. Democratic party..that way you have nothing to disagree about! Now if I could only get one of those smiles on my daughters face..her love life is driving me crazy