Tuesday, December 18, 2007

6 months later...

As a Christmas gift to Ginny, I am getting myself off the bad blogger list this week!!! I’m going to do your survey, Ginny, since my brain is a little too fried to try to catch up on anything else.

Do you usually use wrapping paper or gift bags?
I’m a professional gift wrapper, or at least I am for the month of December… so paper!

Is your tree a real tree or is it artificial?I don’t have a tree.
I do have some mistletoe and two Christmas Penguins. However, later in life when I do have a tree it will definitely be a real one! I love the way they smell.

If you do put a tree up, when do you usually do this?
My family has a long standing tradition of putting it up later than everyone else… once year we did it on December 23rd. We aren’t lazy people, just busy :P

When do you take your tree down? Any specific reason for this – tradition etc?
I think mid January?

What about eggnog? Do you like it? Any special ingredients added?
I do like it! I love warm eggnog with rum in it.

Do you have a nativity scene? A menorah?
I don’t have either of these. I’m really quite awful at this survey so far.

What was a special (or favorite) gift you received as a child?
Hmm… I remember being really little and getting a cabbage patch doll with ‘real’ hair and a birth certificate. Her name was Danielle. I loved that doll.

Who is your hardest person to buy for? Why?My grandmother. She literally has everything. This year I did a small donation in my late grandfathers name.

Who is your easiest person to buy for?My mom and my best friend. It’s a very easy clothes/perfume/jewelry/purse kind of decision.

Do you send Christmas (or holiday) cards? Email or snail mail?
I do! I love sending and receiving them.

What was the worst Christmas present you ever received?
Wow, I’m not sure. I haven’t ever gotten something so awful it stands out.

What is your favorite holiday movie?It’s a Wonderful Life!!!

When do you start your holiday shopping?
around Thanksgiving.

Have you ever recycled a present?
Sure have!

What is your favorite thing to eat during the holidays?
sugar cookies with frosting. My mom makes the best ones!

What about the lights on your tree – colored, clear, mixed?
I should have read this survey before starting it. I can’t answer any of these questions about a tree!

What is your favorite Christmas/holiday song?
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

Do you travel or stay home for the holidays?
I wrap gifts until 5 on Christmas eve, then my grandparents have a very long standing tradition of having a big Christmas Eve party which I go to. It’s quite fun. Then on Christmas I usually stay at my parents house for most of the day, and in the afternoon we usually have wine and board games with family/friends.

Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Rudolf,Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen… Dasher, Prancer, … if there are more, than no, I can't. And meanwhile, are any of those reindeer females? If not, I'm seriously considering boycotting that. We need some feminist reindeer.

What goes on the top of your tree? Angel, star, squirrel?
squirrel??? Who has that?

Do you open presents on Christmas Eve, or Christmas morning?
both!

What’s the most annoying thing about this time of year?
Not having enough time. It’s a really busy time and I never feel like I have enough quality time with people.

Will you attend a religious service this Christmas season?
I went to Church on Sunday in honor of my grandfather, since it was one year since his death. There was a mass that my family attended in his honor, but because of the bad weather I couldn’t go to that one, so I just went to the catholic church in Bangor.

What would you really like to receive on Christmas this year?pajamas, plane tickets, and something sparkly.

25. And finally just to see if you’re paying attention, in A Charlie Brown Christmas, what does Lucy want for Christmas?
Real Estate?

1 comment:

Gretchen O'G said...

Oh MY!!!Oh MY!!! she lives!
Merry Christmas dear girl!!
I love the "feminist reindeer" only feminine reindeer don't
have antlers and I think Santas sleigh has to have reindeer with antlers.. G.